Run - Movie Review Kyra Allen Holy Performance

Run - Movie Review Kyra Allen Holy Performance


Run is directed by Aneesh chaganti the man behind the excellent film searching which if you

haven't seen you really should it's really damn good this film premiered this weekend on 

Hulu it was originally gonna come out back on mother's day 

They had this whole great marketing campaign surrounding the creepy weird mother in this

movie and mother's day that of course had to be scrapped due to the pandemic but now 

we're getting a chance to see it this film tells the story of a young girl who begins to suspect 

that her caring mother might be harboring a dark secret she starts to notice some concerning

irregularities with the way her mom acts she doesn't want her to be on the internet at night

 She doesn't want her to make too many phone calls unless she's in the room there are things

about the medicine, she's taking that's starting to weird her out and pretty soon things get

really up I had a great time with Ron when I think of a thriller this is the type of story I think of

it's bare-bones it's very simple it's a young girl in a wheelchair who realizes that she is 

trapped in a lot of ways emotionally and physically.


Now how are you going to get out of that situation and we get to watch that play out over 90

minutes incredibly tense minutes that are edited so well and shot so well that my OCD was 

pleased if you saw searching you know that gigantic has a great eye for detail that was a very 

unconventional film.

This film is told very traditionally and classically it feels very much like a Hitchcock movie there

are aspects of it that reminded me of misery there are aspects of it that reminded me of rear

windows specifically the Christopher reeve rear window the tv movie from 1998 down to the 

fact that they cast young Kira Allen in this film.

See also: Hit and Run | Netflix Official Site

 This adds a layer of authenticity to her performance that would not have been captured had 

they hired an actor who doesn't know what that's like a day in and day out Kira Allen does 

and so she brought a lot to this role when she's crawling through the hallways when she 

doesn't have use of her wheelchair it feels extremely painful because you know that she is 

struggling to do it she gives one of my favorite performances that.

I've seen so far in 2020. I think she's really really good in this movie and I would love to see

her do more stuff she plays off Sarah Paulson very well who loves playing horrible people god

damn miss Polson but she's really good at it like all great talents she has a way of making

scripted dialogue feel unscripted the last time I saw a film that attempted to be a 

straightforward thriller and nothing else was unhinged with Russell Crowe and he's great in 

that movie but the movie itself was just kind of fine. 

it was a kind of disposable throwaway movie this film is skillfully made and extremely 

well-acted from top to bottom and the simplicity only helps boost the suspense there are

sequences throughout the movie that I just was really on the edge and it was mostly just 

because you're constantly in a state of panic wondering if this girl can pull something off as 

she starts to uncover the truth about the life that she's living and I won't ruin it for you but

it's really thrilling to watch the film absolutely has some movie. 

See also: Run (2020 American film) - Wikipedia

the logic there are some things that happen that probably would not happen in real life but

they have to happen for the movie to play out in the way that they would like it to there are 

newspaper imperative information that the majority of people would probably not

keep in their house but they happen to be in this house these things are necessary when

you're trying to tell a story that has virtually no exposition when you're trying to tell a story.

where no one really learns anything by being told and you have to visually explain everything

to the audience which is how I prefer to watch a movie that's extremely difficult when you get

to a part of the story that does have some heavy backstory and most films do rely on things 

like newspaper clippings or internet articles or a news broadcast to get this point across and 

there are a few sequences in a run that strain credibility a little bit there's a few I don't

necessarily want to call them to plot holes but there are moments where upon reflection you

can think about some events that took place and wonder would have really happened 

that way but I didn't find myself thinking about those things while I watched the movie 

because it was so

skillfully made there are some films that have a few key plot points like Arlington road for

the instance that is so well made but there's that one plot point where you're like hmm I don't

know it happens and I think for most viewers it's just going to come down to whether or no

you care to nitpick every single thing about a skillfully made thriller like this which for me is

probably my favorite thriller that I've seen in recent memory I'm going to give run and

minus.  I think Anish giganti is one of the best new directors we have searching was as 

I said a very unconventional film told in a very unique and different way this I imagine was

probably a breath of fresh air to approach a more traditional filmmaking perspective and I

think he knocked it out of the park I can't wait to see what else he does but also Kyra Allen 

holy like what a great performance please do check out the film.

Post a Comment

0 Comments